Some interesting information and data in the Corporate Governance Sphere:
DID YOU KNOW?
- The average age of Directors and mandatory retirement increased over the last five years.
- The average tenure of S&P 500 Boards has been stable at 8.5 years over the past 5 years.
- The majority of boards (62%) have an average tenure of between 6 and 10 years.
- 21% of boards have an average tenure of 11 or more years, compared with 19% in 2010.
- 17% have an average tenure of five years or less compared with 21% in 2010.
Sources: Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation. N.Y. Law Journal 3/23/17